Filter Coffee Brewing Tips
- Start with delicious freshly roasted coffee.
- Preheat your serving cup or vessel with hot boiled water.
- Use a clean filter paper each time. If using a permanent filter (like the Swiss Gold), make sure it's also clean. Stale coffee oils can cause bitterness to subsequent brews.
- Make sure your coffee is ground correctly for the filter method (ie. ground finer than espresso for a paper filter, and slightly courser than espresso for a permanent filter), to allow for the proper extraction to take place.
- Fill the filter with the quantity of coffee you require (approx. 1 tablespoon per 100mls of water).
- Add freshly boiled water slowly, in a circular motion, to allow for the correct rate of extraction.
- Remove the filter basket; stir and serve.
- Essential accessories include filter papers, and filter brewers.
Filter coffee brewing reveals the delicate taste nuances that espresso brewing may overpower. Serve immediately - as it will quickly become bitter if left to brew too long. For the perfect water temperature, bring the water to a boil, and let it cool a few seconds.Buy Coffee Buy Filters